You will need your username to log into UNL's Blackboard system at: http://my.unl.edu. Students and faculty/staff have different ways of looking up their usernames. Use the appropriate procedure below.
Procedure for student accounts:1. Sign into myred.unl.edu to log into your student self- service site.
Your NU ID is the 8-digit number found in the lower-left portion of your NCard above the barcode. The password will be the password chosen in your TrueYou account.
For further instructions on TrueYou, visit http://admissions.unl.edu/myred.aspx
2. Once you have entered MyRed, click on the "Student" tab and look under UNL Other Services link.
3. Next, click on the My.UNL Blackboard Username link to view your username. This is the username you will use to log into Blackboard at my.unl.edu
Procedure for faculty/staff accounts:
1. Go to UNL Peoplefinder.
2. To use Peoplefinder, simply enter your last name in the text field. When you find yourself, click your name.
3. Your e-mail address should appear at the bottom of the window. Your username is "alias" of your email address in lowercase without the "@unl.edu" part (for example; perickson3). Your Blackboard login name will consist of your first initial, last name and a number. It does not include the information found after the @ symbol.
If this field is blank, please contact the UNL Helpdesk.
Helpdesk hours: 7:30am to 11:30pm CT daily
Phone: 472-3970 in Lincoln (866) 472-3970 toll-free in U.S.
Part 2: Your password:
Your password by default is your NU ID number found on your NCard; the NU ID is the 8-digit number found in the lower-left portion of your NCard above the barcode. Use this to login the first time.
What if I don't know my NU ID number?
All on-campus students, faculty and staff should acquire an NCard from the NCard Office. Distance students are notified of their NU ID by the office of Extended Education and Outreach. Please note: the Extended Education & Outreach office can not give NU ID# to distance education students living in Lincoln. Lincoln distance education students are required to go into the NCard office.
Part 3: Accessing the VTC training
1. Go to my.unl.edu and log in with your My.UNL Blackboard username and password.
2. Click on the Community tab at the top of the page.
3. Search for VTC in the Organization Search box on the left.
4. Click the chevron icon (2 downward arrows) next to VTC to open the Enroll link.
5. Click the Submit button and then the OK button.
6. Follow the instructions for access to VTC's online training.